Friday, January 1, 2010


Happy New Year. Today was wet and blustery. The sun tried to come out for a while this morning, and I could hear my pruning clippers calling to me; hydrangeas....hydrangeas.... hydrangeas.... Their voice was soon drowned out by the wind and rain however. Maybe tomorrow.Even in the dead of winter the garden is quietly growing, just waiting for the warm sunshine . The star magnolia bush and saucer magnolia trees are in bud, and irises are pushing their way up.
The weather was so nasty today none of the animals wanted to go outside. They were content to sit in the barn and look out the door. Well, contentment is probably not the right description.....!

I am trying to type with one hand because my kitten Windsor wants to help and this is easier than keeping him off my notebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment